Friday, January 25, 2013

Ciao! Arrivederci! Au Revoir! I'M OUT!


I’ve lived in Sin City for 359 days WITHOUT a big fat eraser in my petite handbag.
Very. Challenging. 
T minus 16 days and it is crystal’ly clear to me that not all endings are happy. Sometimes they’re messy, sometimes they’re painful, and sometimes they’re down right nothing at all. Lucky for me, I’m leaving with my curls intact and smiling.

My days of living in a pristinely calculated vanilla world are over. Vegas taught me that this is no way to live, and I find it’s better this way. Life seems better living outside what I already know and living inside opportunities and observations. I’m sure y’all are wanting to read the safe stuff like “I’ve learned all these lessons” and look at me “I took chances and have no regrets” and “everything happens for a reason.” Not uber-excited over announcing those things.

What I can announce are the more interesting, mildly amusing things that have brilliantly come into light in the past 359 days, like, I’ve only gotten a car wash once in a year, I have a strange attraction to Criss Angel (I’m convinced he’s truly magical), and blue men terrify me.

I can also report that I am single handedly making a life after a string of disappointments, which, coincidentally, is contributing to my writer’s block. My life is on the upswing now and it seems my wit and dry humor that I write with comes much, much easier when life is brutal and boys are jerks.
Wait, retract  – I am not single-handedly doing anything; I am doing this with the support of some very, very dear friends! (Two VERYs and you know I mean business)

Winnie, John, Margaret and Nick – I am one lucky girl. You are 4 very amazing people, and you are “the real ones” in my life.  Saying thank you simply isn’t enough, but “Thank You” …because that’s all there is… that, and making a life.

No comments:

Post a Comment